Wednesday 5 December 2007

Filipino Festival

My mum-in-law sent me text message that there's a Filipino Festival on the 11th of December. She is really thoughtful. And thinking that I might be interested to come to this one. Well, it might be good to see other kababayans but I am a little bit hesitant. We've been to one before but we found it rubbish, don't get me wrong but that's true. I thought it would have been very nice to meet people from my country but not everyone is keen to meet you. That was when I first came here and of course, like everyone, would like to meet people from Philippines too. My husband found that most of them are a bit "snub" to his surprise. Which is true, in my own experience too, I meet a lot of Filipino but they will only stares you from head to toe! And we ate bihon, rice and fish... he wasn't empressed at all and wanted to get his money back hehe! Bihon taste nice (with tinapa on it), a bit dissapointing though because it's all bihon and a little bit of tinapa flakes and that's it, ang mahal pa! There was a karaoeke contest as well, which brought some memories back home... Maybe it's nice, but I had bad experience that I don't want to have anything to do about Filipino festival anymore. I might try to go again this time if my mum wants to go. My in-laws are more keen than I am hehehe as they wanted me to feel at home all the time ;-)

No comments: